Oh no, it's actually Camden Lock, though in my experience it certainly Rocks! One afternoon in London I decided to go to Camden. I had heard about it, and I certainly wanted to go there. The way there was not easy, but after I asked several people I finally arrived there. My first thought, WOW, this place is busy, and I like it! It was bautiful weather and people were sitting next to the water, where little boats were cuising. Most of them were young and urban, but most of all fashionable. it was there in Camden and around the Camden Lock market, where the true creators of fashion live and spent their time. It was great. Frontages of stores were no way near normal and creativity shined through them, people wore vintage clothing and got that ultimate London streetstyle edgy look and piercings stores could be found anywhere. The market itself sold great items for the cheapest prices. The food and clothes came from all the countries and the atmosphere was perfect. People were cooking in humongous pans, dishes from anywhere. It smelled amazing and people were so friendly and inspirational. It was there where cultures mixed and collided, which created such a special fashion scene. You could buy items from anywhere. From beatles vintage looking sweaters to chinese feather embroidery. And people were not afraid to mix it up overdone. This to me was perfect evidence of how fashions trigger creativity and how it stimulates people to come up with original creations in their styling. Whenever I'm going bac to london i'm going to spend a lot of time in Camden and do my shopping in Camden. This is where fashions emerge, are (re-)invented and are mixed up in the most original possible way. People have their own style and culture. It is surely a place you should visit if you haven't been there!

Camden Frontages

Camden Lock, its recognizable viaduct

Camden Lock market (look at those scooter seats at the tables)
No comments:
Post a Comment