Internship
I think that short courses are probably the best way to get you into your study of interest and help you to gain pratical experience in the field.So called pre-univeristy courses and shorts courses are being taught at almost any university or institution. Last summer I went to Introduction to the Fashion Industry (creative 16-18 year olds) on the London College of Fashion and it was truly amazing. I learned a lot in such as short timing. WE created our own fashion label for our own created customer profile, including all the calculations and buying tables. We did trendspotting and area checking. We went to oxford street and covent garden to watch the people and question them about fashion. We made re-arrangement store plannings, created our own magazine and produced a brand-new idea for the covent garden market area. We came up with a tea-room where you could read vintage books and listen to music in old English couches, which must attract locals instead of tourists. The things we learned were really great and we did a lot of groupwork. Nothing was explained in detail so that we could give the assignments our own twist. Currently I really want to go on some other short courses. I can do summer school in Polimoda Florence in Fashion marketing and on LIM College in New York. Hopefully I will get enough experience to study a great Fashion course in Amsterdam or London, with the focus on Merchandising, Management, Marketing and Journalism. (Design is not really my thing!!)
If you get the oppurtunity, grab it, because it is very helpfull and looks great on your resume!!
No comments:
Post a Comment